Injectable fillers are soft tissue fillers injected into the skin at different depths to help fill in facial wrinkles, provide facial volume, and augment facial features. There are many different fillers,for example Dr. Good frequently uses Restylane and Juvederm. Most fillers consist of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring polysaccharide that is present in skin and cartilage. It may take more than one injection to achieve the desired effect. The effect lasts for about six months – 1 year or longer, depending on the product used. Successful results depend on the health of the skin and type of filler used. Filler duration is highly dependent on the amount of activity in the region where it is injected. Exercise and high intensity activities such as manual labor can stimulate blood flow and shorten the lifespan of fillers as well as wrinkle relaxers. We have a variety of different fillers to choose from and our amazing medical team can help you find the right product for you.
- Avoid excessively exfoliating your face
- Avoid NSAIDS on the day of your procedure.
- Inform your physician if you are on any blood thinners prior to your treatment
- Nasolabial Folds
- Marionette Lines
- Tear trough (under eye)
- Avoid rubbing and massaging the treated area for 24 hours.
- Avoid strenuous physical activity.
- Avoid consuming large amounts of alcohol.
- Avoid getting facials, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, etc. for 24 hours.
- If you get a bruise, topical arnica can help.